• SAT & ACT Information

    The SAT and ACT are college entrance exams that all college-bound students should take. Most colleges require that applicants submit scores from either the SAT or the ACT. Students should always check with the individual colleges that they are planning to apply to in order to learn what the entrance exam requirements are.

    It is typically recommended that students take the SAT/ACT in the spring of the junior year and then again in the early fall of the senior year.

    If you have any questions, please come and speak to me. Registration and test prep information is available on the front of my office door. You can register via mail or online. Online registration is strongly encouraged by the testing companies. Fee waivers are available for students who qualify. Fee waivers are only available in my office.

    The school code for Garfield-Palouse High School is: 480870. It is VERY important that you put the correct high school code in the proper location when you register to take an exam. Otherwise, GPHS will not receive your test results. You will need to provide a test center code (this indicates WHERE you'd prefer to take the test). I highly recommend that you also provide the codes for colleges/universities that you MAY apply to. If a college/university requires that you send test scores directly from the testing agency and you did not provide that school's code when you registered for the test, it will cost you money to send it later! All 3 of these types of codes I have referred to are in different locations on your registration form...this should alleviate any confusion.

    For SAT information and online registration go to http://www.sat.collegeboard.org.

    For ACT information and online registration go to http://www.actstudent.org/.


Last Modified on November 15, 2011