Fan Athletic Guidelines for 2021
Garfield-Palouse Guidelines/Rules for Athletic Competitions
Now that we are in Phase II, indoor competition can take place here at Garfield-Palouse High School. However, like so many other things in our lives that are Covid-19 related, there are some restrictions to how indoor competitions will look. Please look over the following guidelines for rules and expectations for this year’s home events.
- Each player will be allowed two tickets/entrants to home contests. Names will be turned in and put on a pass list. Only those who are on the pass list will be admitted to the gym. Please check in at the pass gate before finding your seat.
- Please enter at the elementary entrance of the building. All other doors will be locked.
- Schools in the league will not be charging admission. Some schools may be accepting donations.
- Upon entering the facility, you may sit together if from the same household, but please practice social distancing with other attendees.
- Masks must be worn over the nose and mouth at all times.
- There will be no concessions.
- One set of bathroom facilities will be open in the high school wing of the school.
- At this time, visiting schools will only be allowed to send parents of senior players to the contests.
- The events at Garfield-Palouse will be live streamed on YouTube at no charge. Those interested should go to garpal.net and click on the “Watch Gar-Pal Live Sports” tab. If there is a live event, it should be available and ready to watch.
- Once the contest is over, please do not congregate on the floor in large groups. Again, we need to practice social distancing and it is best if fans quickly leave the facility.
While these restrictions are not ideal, we need everyone to continue to do their part and follow the state and local mandates and guidelines. The intent is to keep everyone as safe as possible.
We are excited that our student athletes are finally going to get to compete, and look forward to seeing our Viking athletes back out on the floor.
If you have any questions or concerns please call the school at 509-878-1921.